Thursday, March 31, 2005

Outer time is just faster than inner time

Outer time is just faster than inner time. By that I mean that I think and plan for one "speed" of time, and am always shocked to find that outer time has beat me to the punch. Case in point: car inspections. How long have I known about this? Oh, for about a year. How many times have I thought about it? Usually about once a day. And now, on the last day of the month, I'm scrambling to the inspection station. (sigh) When will I ever learn?

Speaking of behind the 8-ball, I've been working on that book review fairly steadily and it is starting to come together. It is due tomorrow, and I will probably have it done if I can buckle down this evening and write write write.

News is that Auntie Kara came through her surgery doing fine. Thanks for the phone call, John. Our prayers have certainly been with her.

Prayers also go out to Matt & Leslie this morning. I hope Xavier is letting you sleep at least a little.

Lynn-nore had a check-up yesterday and everything is going just marvelously with the pregnancy.

Kara spent a few hours with Joanna yesterday on "the little beach." She played in the sand and came back with a good quantity of multi-colored sea glass and an anemone (sp?). I can't help sometimes but think what a totally different experience of things Kara is having. Her childhood stories will include this tiny beach-side town, and winters with over 130 inches of snow.

1 comment:

tchittom said...

I'm happy to say that both vehicles passed just fine. Yaay! Also, Lynn-nore said that Kara wants her to make a princess outfit, complete with pointy hat, elaborate dress and slippers. This, apparently, was the subject of Kara's conversation on the way to school this morning.