Wednesday, March 02, 2005

My First Post

Greetings to everyone! Lynn-nore here! Thom has been encouraging me to attempt to post something here on the blog, so I thought I'd give it a go. As Thom already noted in the post below, our afternoon is to be spent in Boston having a second-level ultrasound. This was initially scheduled as something of a baseline test to get a good look at where everything stands with my NOT-progressing toward labor. When I talked with the scheduling nurse at the midwives' office about the 18-week ultrasound we were supposed to have last week (to get a good look at Caleb), she said - "Oh, let's just bump that up to a second-level ultrasound in Boston and get it all taken care of the same day." The ultrasound last week had actually been cancelled due to snow. Not a lot of snow really, but even in Massachusetts we try to work around the stuff when we can!

I am going to attempt to post three pictures along with this post. One is of my favorite of Kara's artwork of late. It is a giraffe... and a house... no relationship between the two, she just wanted to draw both. The most interesting thing, to me, is how she draws animals. When I was her age and someone said "Lynn-nore, can you draw me a giraffee." I would think about the long neck and a face and know that it had four legs and come up with something. Kara didn't even attempt that. She ran upstairs and got the giraffe from her Little People toys. It's a three-inch rubbery-plastic giraffe. She set it in front of her and looked at it. Decided on perspective, dead-on versus a side shot and drew the giraffe just as it stood before her. I'm going to try to upload a picture of the giraffe as well as Kara's picture of the giraffe. She never ceases to amaze me.

The other pictures I want to post are for all you Star Wars fans out there. This was a little creative endeavor with our friends who came over to watch the Academy Awards. Sir Walter Raleigh and myself entertained ourselves during the Oscars with a little Lego fun I thought I'd share. If I can find new AA batteries for the digital camera, I'll post these ASAP.

Love to everyone and thank you for your prayers! ~Lynn-nore

2 comments:

tchittom said...

According to CNN, the trailer for the new Start Wars movie is going to appear during the March 10 broadcast of the show "OC."

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are for you to have a safe and healthly "Grandson", YEA!!! (Just because it will be you Son is not germane, HA)

Love Dad