Friday, March 04, 2005

sugaring time

Kara went sugaring yesterday in Ipswich (something I have always wanted to do). She came back too tired to talk about it. The best we could understand, she wore a "shirt" (probably an apron) that looked like a tree, and that "only a drop" of sap came out of the tap. She did, however, enjoy tasting syrup later that day, and we made pancakes for dinner. Her pancake was liberally drizzled with Vermont maple syrup.

After putting her to bed, Lynn-nore and I sat down to watch Survivor and go through some stacks. Literally, I, myself, have a good four or five stacks of papers hidden (or not) here and there throughout the apartment. We are all about purge purge purge these days, and so threw a way a ton of material. I discovered that thesis packet which I swore I'd never received -- too late now! There were also a good number of articles on Hans Urs von Balthasar which I need to either file or discard. Oh, dare I forget that Sir Walter Raleigh came through a delivered a copy of Daniel Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics for $11!

Lynn-nore and I also decided that I should begin studying for the GRE. Perhaps re-thinking the timing for PhD work is in order. At the moment, the PhD horizon includes Princeton, Duke and Vanderbilt. That's the top-tier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun Kara must have had going sugaring!!! we will be praying for you with your prep for the GRE. We hope Vanderbilt is the winner.