So, I arrive to pick up Kara after Sunday School yesterday and her teacher, Mrs. Tucker, gives me a strange look and says, "Kara was playing with some blocks earlier... (oh no, what happened?) ... and I noticed that she was humming Mozart."
"Ha ha!" I replied, "my evil plan is working!"
Kara and I spent a large chunk of yesterday at Chuck E' Cheese's. A friend of mine, Chris Perry, used to take his brood over there when he had some studying to do. He would study and they would play. Well, given that I'm still struggling to finish the first pass of the book I'm reviewing, that seemed like a good plan. Kara liked it. I thought the place would be pretty quiet, given that the lunch-rush was over and it was early afternoon. Not so. That place was crawling with kids. We were fortunate to find a table at which to sit. Kara was so thrilled! She could scarcely contain herself, and was no sooner free than 15' up in the air inside the "Sky Tubes." I was left to work my way through a thorny chapter on Emmanuel Levinas. I held all the tokens, though, and gave them out only one-at-a-time, so she had to keep coming back to get more. It was a good way to keep track of her and avoid becoming one of those dads walking around bellowing, "Kaitlin!"
Monday, March 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment