Saturday, March 12, 2005

Kara's Too Long!

Kara is getting longer all the time, and has gotten too long for her toddler bed. Just last night, Lynn-nore and I went in to check on her, and her toes were pressed up against the footboard. Like it or not, she grows, and it is time for a new bed.

I'd posted before about some options we were looking at for her. Ultimately, we didn't go with the expensive loft beds. Lynn-nore thought about them at first because she and I didn't want to limit Kara's floor space. She plays in her room quite often. Her floor space is "her space" and we wanted to preserve as much of it as possible. So, Lynn-nore thought about this for a long time, and finally decided that by rearranging some things - including putting a 2-shelf bookcase in her closet - we could keep it inexpensive by purchasing a mattress & frame and keep most of her floorspace. (I'm sure this is exciting reading for everyone.) Anyway, we are going to go and purchase a twin mattress for her today, and she's very exited about it! I'm going to post a photo I took of Lynn-nore assembling the bookcase.

No comments: