Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Throw it Out; Clean it Up

“Purge, purge, purge!” was the battle cry last night during a “file purge” in which hundreds of pages of put-away and no longer needed articles, notes, receipts, etc., were tossed from the file cabinet and into the trash. As below, I have at least four good piles of papers building up around the house, and these need to be filed away along with other materials. Thus, Lynn-nore and I were absolutely ruthless, ultimately tossing two, full garbage bags of material.

The goal here is to arrive at a place where books and papers that are actually wanted can truly be archived. I’m envisioning some kind of layered, hypertext-system which would allow for point-specific information such as a Table of Contents or an abstract. Cross references could easily be inserted, and the whole easily meta-indexed with Bibliographical exactness.

Lynn-nore did not sleep well last night, with periodic contractions as well as general uncomfortability. Thus, I took Kara in to school this morning. Traffic to Salem was awful, and Kara was worried she would miss playtime. Still, we had some fun chit chatting on the way. When we arrived at Beacon, Kara and I discovered two things. First, Mrs. Kimmer (that saintly woman) presented Kara right away with her missing water bottle. Second, she had not missed playtime. I waved at Katie and met Chiso and then ducked out.

No comments: