
"Hello, yes, is this the mothership? Oh good. I was wondering if you could send someone down to collect my daughter. She's interested in going to the moon for the afternoon if that's okay. Dancing? Sure she likes to dance, and she would also like to explore some caverns and ride on a few of the moonacoasters. You'll be here in 45 minutes? Great!"
That is the way the conversation went this morning - this morning when I had to give Kara something to do today while I am at work and Mommy is exhausted! The one needs about six hours of peace alone to catch up on sleep, and the other needs a rowdy day of play - and I'm no help because work is "that toad that squats on your life" (e.e.cummings) As it was, perhaps Kara would catch hold of this idea of going to the moon for the day and that would stimulate some playtime, some drawing and other creative expression. She asked this morning if she could email me at work, and emailed to say she would miss me "while [she is] on the moon."
No comments:
Post a Comment