Just a quick note to update the blog. Nothing to report. Kara is spending her mornings at VBS this week. She seems to be enjoying it. Thom is doing drop-off and I'm doing pick-up. I'm enjoying the quiet around the house each morning, wondering every day - will this be the day. Tomorrow my parents will be arriving. They flew from Nashville to Norfolk to pick up one of their vehicles and they're driving up today and tomorrow. Guess Caleb is waiting for Grandma and Papa to be here before he arrives! Today I'm actually wondering if this whole pregnancy hasn't just been a figment of our collective imaginations and really I'm just fat and sometimes my belly moves all on it's own. I can't actually fathom that he's EVER going to be here in our arms!!
Let's see... over the weekend we did get to have some nice time with QE and Sir Walter. They came over Friday and Saturday evening. Kara was so tickled to see them that she crawled up in their laps with the blanket that lives on our couch and just wanted to snuggle up. Living so far away from family it's a blessing to have friends that fill that gap. We all appreciate it, but it's especially sweet to see how it meets that need for Kara and it's also sweet to see her so unabashadly (I think that's a word!) demonstrative about it! Anyway, after Kara went to bed we are able to hear some details of their trip to Poland, though even after many hours of discussion it still seems we only heard the tip of iceberg in terms of what God is doing in their lives and the lives of the people there. Mission trips often take time to process and it's always interesting to see what is fresh in someone's mind a day or two later versus what seems most significant six-months out. Certainly that conversation is not over yet!
Well, today is about getting my hair cut and buying some groceries, hopefully before picking Kara up, though we'll see. With the 90 degree weather, maybe Kara and I hit the grocery store after for the sake of perishables! Some of you have asked and it bears noting, we DO HAVE A/C - one in our bedroom and one in the living room. Thanks for asking - I'm surviving the heat as best as possible.
Keep checking in and we'll let you know if there's anything to report!
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment