Thursday, July 14, 2005

Killing Time in Non-Projects Waiting for the Big One

Well, let's see... in my day, I got up today and made a things to do list... or at least a list of some things I can put my hand to while I'm not in the hospital giving birth!

The ordinary - I'll wash some towels and sheets, I'll clean up the kitchen, Kara and I can return some books to the libary, I'll work on a little project for my mom and dad who are coming up next week, I'll dust the bedroom and maybe, just maybe, today will be the day.

I've begun to believe I'm going to be pregnant for the rest of my life! So, in the meantime, may as well accomplish a few things, right? I'm almost totally caught up in my scrapbooking! That has been an ongoing project for a few months to try to catch up in preparation for doing baby pictures and a baby album (as if this will actually be happening soon). I'm presently working on pages from as recently as last month. When Dad and Karen were here I bought some supplies to try my hand at oil painting, but I haven't quite made the time yet for that yet either. Our good friends QE and Sir Walter are returning from a mission trip to Poland today, so we'll be spending some time with them this weekend, which should be nice since we haven't seen them in three weeks and we're looking forward to hearing about their trip. I also have a few catalog shows to keep up with in my Pampered Chef business - if you happen to be one of the people doing one of these catalog shows, know that I haven't forgotten about you!

While all of these things are lovely and nice, none of them seem to be the fulfillment of my days. I am round as a watermelon and big as house with feet each the size of a nice ham and the consistency of those squishy carpel-tunnel-resisting-hand-exercise balls. You can actually poke my feet and leave a dent. Dear Thom was sweet enough to actually make me a foot-soak last night and then put lotion on my feet. Considering I can't really reach them, this was quite a blessing.

I went ahead and made another doctor's appointment for next Thursday, because the way I see it I'm going to be pregnant until the end of time, may as well keep on making those appointments! Hey, and I'm not even past my due date yet!

So, must continue with the mundane. It appears to be the lunch hour and presumably the out-of-the-womb-offspring would actually like lunch!

No comments: