Thursday, July 21, 2005

Everyone's Here, Except Caleb

Kara's running around in a new Snow White costume from Grandma and Papa. QE and Sir Walter are back from Poland. VBS is almost over for Kara. Still no sign of the little guy's arrival.

My parents arrived safely yesterday after two days on the road and we're all excited to be spending a few weeks with them. Kara keeps hearing about their new pool and is a little bummed that she won't actually get to see it or use it until next Summer. She asked last night "When are we going to Grandma and Papa's new house??" Kara is spending her mornings this week enjoying VBS and asking me regularly "When is Baby Caleb going to be born?"
"On his birthday, honey." is all I can tell her and that only God knows when that will be.

I have an appointment with one of the midwives this afternoon, so we'll see how that goes.

Thom's neck is out of wack badly enough to make him actually consider calling the doctor today, so please be praying for him. Presently his neck is semi-permanently focused downward. He's a poor thing! He's grateful that if I go into labor at least I'm shorter than he is and probably I'll be lying down. You know that great scene from The LionKing with them holding up the new baby lion high up in the air - they'll be none of that for Caleb until Daddy's neck feels better! Even Kara is beginning to wonder why Daddy can't look up quite right. Pray that God heals this quickly!

We'll keep you all posted!

1 comment:

tek1024 said...

Oh my! Thom, I'm sure things will be looking up soon (I'm so very sorry, couldn't resist)! I'm praying for your neck and Caleb's swift arrival.