A quick note to report that as far as we know everyone who was up in the air yesterday is now safe and sound back on the ground. Thom arrived home last night at about 11pm. My parents arrived safely at my grandmother's house in Hendersonville, TN yesterday around 8pm. And, given that we haven't heard anything on the news, I'm trusting that Sir Walter Raleigh and Queen Elizabeth arrived safely to their destination in Poland. Ahh, I just like it better when friends and family aren't flying.
Nothing really new to report beyond that. Caleb is still hinding himself, though we are all eager to see him. Kara attempted this morning to "listen" to him through the baby monitor that we have set up! I told her that the monitor is for after we can see baby Caleb and she said she wanted to try anyway! She keeps me laughing.
My best friend from high school, who lives in New Hampshire came down to visit Sunday and "babysit me" for the night while Thom was gone. Kara had a hard time remembering her name all day and so began calling her "Purple Princess" - for the purple shirt she was wearing. The two of them had a glorious time imagining together. So much so that last night included me tucking in Kara and her new imaginary monster friend named Siegfried. I tried to convince Kara that Siegfried was going to go home with the Purple Princess, but the Purple Princess decided that Siegfried could visit for a few weeks. So far I've sat on him twice and you wouldn't believe how much trouble he kept getting in for kicking me in the back of the seat in the car. This should be fun!
Any good imaginary friend stories out there? Please share!
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment