Wednesday, April 13, 2005

you're just a homeowner with a low mortgage

I started working on a third book review last night. It is another introduction to Karl Barth, but this time the scope is much larger than the Church Dogmatics. The prose is so stylish it nearly approaches a belles lettres, and betrays Eberhard Busch as a master of his subject. I'm not really sure what the next writing project will be. It would be nice to get paid for something. Maybe I will approach Barnes & Noble again and see if they have anything, or maybe it is time to branch out a little further.

Kara has a new car! Yes, a lovely, hand-crafted model with real Elmer's glue trim and a cardboard frame just big enough for one. I think it resembles a classic Audi in design, with bits of yarn thrown in for sport. I hope that we will be able to post a photo of Kara with her new C-Box coupe.

Lynn-nore's parents were talking about moving up here again last night. Just remember, everywhere else if you win a million dollars, you are a millionaire. Up here, if you win a million, you're just a homeowner with a low mortgage. Why not open a decent bookshop in Germany (they could sure use one, given how hard it was to find anything descent when we were there)? It could be a family business!

No comments: