Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Kara fell out of bed

Kara finally did it last night. At 3:30am, I'm awakened by cries of "Help! Help!" Rushing in to Kara's room, I discover her. She hasn't actually fallen but, due to the tightness of her sheet, is actually suspended against the side of her mattress. She's honestly more startled than hurt, and quickly goes back to sleep.

Earlier, at 1:30am, she woke up having a bad dream about being bitten by an alligator. I sat with her and stroked her hair and we prayed until she could go back to sleep again. All in all, a much-interrupted evening.

Lynn-nore and I are still raking in the benefits of the marriage conference this last weekend. The conference was an outreach of Family Life Ministries. It was a very valuable experience. All range of couples were there, from newlyweds to grey-heads. The best part about it was getting to spend so much focused time with Lynn-nore. It really felt like a second honeymoon! We have had our rough patches, it is true, but neither of us believe those will ultimately define our life together. The conference gave us a vocabulary of concepts and ideas which we have already begun putting in place. I would highly recommend any couple attending one of these Family Life weekends.

No comments: