It was a hard decision but, surprise surprise, Lynn-nore and I have decided not to move to New Orleans any time soon. It is "No" to New Orleans. As much as I love dixieland jazz and she loves Southern Atlantic seafood, we just feel like now is not the right time, if there ever will be a time to consider New Orleans. This is not to dissuade anyone. I mean, I'm sure there are lots of people who really like living there. But, for one reason or another, we feel it isn't for us. Some people would probably really like it. I mean, the humidity doesn't bother everyone. It has Mardi Gras and summertime Cajun culture and all of that. Not to forget its literary and cultural history. What do they call it: the big easy. Yep, it probably would be pretty easy to live there, but, again, relocating in New Orleans just doesn't feel like what we need right now.
Monday, August 29, 2005
Surprise! We're not moving to New Orleans!
It was a hard decision but, surprise surprise, Lynn-nore and I have decided not to move to New Orleans any time soon. It is "No" to New Orleans. As much as I love dixieland jazz and she loves Southern Atlantic seafood, we just feel like now is not the right time, if there ever will be a time to consider New Orleans. This is not to dissuade anyone. I mean, I'm sure there are lots of people who really like living there. But, for one reason or another, we feel it isn't for us. Some people would probably really like it. I mean, the humidity doesn't bother everyone. It has Mardi Gras and summertime Cajun culture and all of that. Not to forget its literary and cultural history. What do they call it: the big easy. Yep, it probably would be pretty easy to live there, but, again, relocating in New Orleans just doesn't feel like what we need right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment