So last night Lynn-nore and I put Kara to bed, turned off the TV and talked for over an hour! Honestly, I can't remember the last time we did that. I really like talking with Lynn-nore. She always has an interesting take and can follow a conversation wherever it may go. We talk about all kinds of stuff: things in the news, our friends, our families, some episode in the past. Toward the end of our conversation, we pulled out our workbooks from the marriage conference of a few months ago and looked over a few chapters. See, by the last day of the conference, the schedule was so tight there are whole sections we only just glanced at before moving on. It was fun to look and see the "marginal notes", to compare our experiences and even discuss a few real questions. I would call that "paydirt." Caleb enjoyed it, as well, because Lynn-nore held him for the first half-hour.
Caleb loves to be held, and especially by his Mommy. His brain-functions are starting to grow in new ways now - he makes a choice to be social. Not only, but he is responding to visual cues with greater interest. He enjoys looking at the vehicles stitched into the bumper of his crib. He responds to faces. He watches his mobile as it turns lazily above him. Between that, eating and pooping one does wonder whether things get better. He looks the very picture of satisfaction in one's circumstances.
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment