Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Walked out this morning without my coffee!!

The "um-resignation" of our pastor has been the topic of thought and discussion over the last 48 hours-nearly to the exlusion of everything else. I am hoping to talk to him directly today and begin to get some clarity to unanswered questions.

There has also been some news from work. Myself and fellow editors are moving departments. We’re leaving Business Development and going over to Product Management. One of our number, chosen yesterday and a good choice, becomes our Managing Editor, so that the entire management structure we worked under on Monday morning no longer exists. A move in geography happens today or tomorrow. I'm going the distance of about 50' to a location more in the center of things (re: warmer in winter and on raindy days). There is more opportunity all round in this new position, so it is good news. My workload is going to increase about two times its present volume, though.

Wes' birthday was yesterday. He's 35!! How weird is that? Also, in other assorted bits, my cousin Carson must have fallen down a well because he hasn't updated his blog since April 22. At the same time, it is probably finals week for him - but is that really an excuse? Lynn-nore is doing a good bit of groaning these days, but it isn't enough to stop the cute-pregnant thing. Kara has a bird-watching exercise due tomorrow, so I'm hoping the troupe at home will take advantage of the weather and do some scopus aviatus. I'm back in touch with my roomate, Jason, and his wife. Lynn-nore discovered her email address in an alumni database. As for me, I totally walked out this morning without my coffee, and I really miss it!

No comments: