Monday, May 09, 2005

Good Times. Real Life.

It was a blustery, rain-soaked weekend. Kara and I were out in it for most of the day on Saturday picking up some things for Mothers Day. We had a good time being together. I felt sorry for her everytime we would make a dash for it. Each gust of wind would blow her hood off and her hair would get soaked. Luckily, the last stop we picked up a half-dozen multicolored balloons. She had a good time playing with these on the way home - it took her mind off of being wet.

Sunday we ate at Cracker Barrel - a real treat. Lynn-nore had catfish and okra. I had grits, biscuits, gravy and country ham. Topped off with sweet tea, and it was a meal that kept us smiling for the rest of the day. Even Kara ate well. I was glad for the good food and happy company, because emotionally it was a tough day. Here is a familiar, but all-too-important Word for Mothers Day:

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

No comments: