Yesterday was good and strange. Good in that Kara and I went to see The Magic Flute, good in that worship went great, the worship team was having a good time in the music, and good in that Lynn-nore and Caleb are doing well. My third book review is also finished, and I had fun writing it. The day was strange in that Kara had to be taken out of the service again and in that our pastor um-resigned at the end of his sermon.
The Magic Flute was so much fun! Kara and I drove into town, fought traffic and made it with 9 minutes to spear, I in slacks and tie, she in a pretty dress and tights. I could tell that she was excited. She was on her best behavior and, as we waited, holding hands in line with other parents and children, she kissed my hand and twirled holding to my finger. The ampitheater was nothing special, but the staging was beautiful. Deep purples, blues and silver for the Queen of the Night. Warm reds, oranges and flashing gold for Sorastro. I'm glad that I've been pumping almost nothing but music from Flute into Kara and I over the last two weeks, she songs were familiar enough for us to enjoy them, and the plot well-known enough for me to whisper bits of it to Kara as we watched. She was captivated! She sat on my lap and looked around at all the children, and also at the orchestra pit, where she spotted a Bass as it was carefully lowered in by crouching musician. When the music started, she leaned in and only got bored once, when Prince Tamino was going on-and-on about his love for the Princess Pamina. She didn't get the humor as much, but she's only five. On the way out, each child received a helium balloon. Kara's was a minty green. Walking the few blocks to the parking garage, Kara quizzed me on her favorite character until I finally guessed the Princess. Afterward, she urged me to find a "shortcut" home.
As for the pastor thing... I'm still of so many minds about this. I missed most of the sermon, for one reason or another, and I haven't had the opportunity to talk to any of my deacon families yet about it. In short - more thinking, praying and information gathering is in order in the near future. I was praying this morning about it. Please keep our church in prayer.
Monday, May 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment