I took a sick day today. Slept in - got up - went back to bed - got up - ate lunch -went back to bed - got up - went back to bed - blogged. Exciting, no?. Oh, I also read the latest First Things, but found it unmemorable.
Kara had her Kindergarted assessment today. The Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Ersing, (who happens to be the wife of our family doctor) came into Kara's class and met with Kara while the other kids went out for recess. Kara was fine with that. Mrs. Ersing was there to evaluate Kara's readiness for Kindergarten next year. We had no idea what she would ask Kara. When Lynn-nore picked Kara up at school, Kara said, "I got everything right, except the letter "B." I thought it was "A," but it wasn't. I don't know why I said that." Kara couldn't tell Lynn-nore all the details but she did say it was about her letters, her counting and her shapes. We should hear from the school about how it went soon.
Lynn-nore has been spending her time sorting and purging stuff from the basement. She has been trying to re-organize everything in preparation for the new baby. As she says, "There is no reason to move things we don't want." Everyday she is keeping up with the listing of apartments. Why is it that the one's that sound good are always just a few hundred dollars above your reach? Another issue is whether or not an apartment has been de-leaded. We are confident that God will open up a place for us to live if we are just diligent and patient about it.
Joanna is out with Queen Elizabeth I this evening. She's going to see Sir Walter Raleigh's play - a version of Antigone - tonight. Unfortunately, by the time she gets back, I will probably be asleep, and won't be able to ask what she thought of it. As most of you know, Joanna has been invited to come stay with Bethany and Chris Perry in Florida. None of us know exactly when she is going, but it is going to be soon, before the end of March I'd say.
Thursday, February 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment