Thursday, February 24, 2005

Hartford Sem Sends Some Love & Hendrickson-Day

Good news this morning, I received the following email first thing:

> Dear Dr. Chittom,
>
> Your name has been put forward by Isabel Wollaston as a possible
> reviewer for the journal "Reviews in Religion & Theology". Starting
> with the September 2005 issue, Hartford Seminary (hartsem.edu) will
> partner with Blackwell Publishing (Blackwell-synergy.com) to produce
> the journal. Ian Markham, Worth Loomis and I are forming the new
> editorial team.
>
> We are currently inviting readers to review books for this issue, and
> would like to offer you the opportunity to review "Recovering
> Theological Hermeneutics: An Incarnational-Trinitarian Theory of
> Interpretation" by Jens Zimmerman. Review articles should be
> approximately 3,000 words and should be emailed to me in MS Word
> format by April 1, 2005.
>
> If you would like to review this book, please let me know and I will
> forward it to you as soon as possible.
>
> In peace,
> Christy Lohr
> Editorial Assistant
> Hartford Seminary

I did not hesitate to send her my contact information.

Today is "call Hendrickson" day. Please keep that conversation in your prayers. The Lord is our provider: "give us this day our daily bread."

On another note, I fixed the "comment" option for this blog yesterday. Turns out, I had it set to accept comments only from those with Blogger accounts. Whoops! It is much much easier now to comment and dialogue with any of the posts you see here. Oh, and if anyone wants to email Lynn-nore and encourage her to begin posting, that would be fine with me :-)

Finally, if you remember, I'd mentioned an article about providence and the United States in an earlier post? Here is a link to the book review in First Things on American Providence.

1 comment:

tchittom said...

You are right, it isn't a new magazine in name, but it seems like it *is* a new magazine in management. As for the PhD, I won't tell if you won't!