Since moments after the ink dried on the home loan documents and before we had actually unlocked doors of our dreamhome, my father began proclaiming his new favorite moniker "You do know that a house will take all your time and all your money, right?" After a week of home ownership, I added the part about fingernails.
Things I never knew...
...how excited I could be about a side-by-side refrigerator! (My dad actually got to witness the dance that went with this when I had finished cleaning the fridge!)
...that all Wal-mart paint dries one shade darker than what it says on the little piece of paper and nothing like the drop on the top of the gallon
...that toilet seats go on sale sometimes
... how many different shades of white exist in the world of house paint and how poorly painted the interior of an expensive suburban home can be (seriously-- one coat of ugly white over drywall doesn't look so great after 14 years!)
... the difference between rye, fescue and bermuda grass.
... that you have to tip the cup just right on the water-dispenser on the fridge to keep it from raining and throwing ice cubes onto the linoleum.
... there is actually a cleaning agent that you can use to clean the appliance that is in charge of cleaning your dishes. Talk about a great add-on sale. The marketing department must've gone nuts with that one!
And last but not least... I learned that...
... Kara is an awesome assistant painter! And Caleb actually understands the words, "You have to drink that in the kitchen!"
Sunday, March 09, 2008
All Our Time, All Our Money, and a Few of My Finger Nails!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment