It's 6:11pm. The good news is that we now have all of the family in the new house -- including Go-Go. The bad news is we had to call poison control a few minutes ago. While I was busy prepping Go-Go's tank and Thom was busy holding Go-Go and letting her bask under the kitchen lamp Kara and Caleb were, supposedly watching a program on TV. NEWSFLASH: "Mama! Caleb's in the bathroom!" I told Thom the tank was ready for Go-Go and that I needed to wash my hands before I could deal with Caleb. Next thing you know Thom is telling me to come quickly Caleb has something "unidentifiable" in his mouth--- "Candy." he says. It's pink, it's crumbled around his mouth like chewed up crayon -- just trust me on that one! - and it smells... it smells... well, sweet... familiar... maybe it is candy. But, where did he get candy in the bathroom? And what pink candy do we have in the house?? Hhmm. Suddenly Thom discovers a wrapper by the toilet bowl -- a-ha! Pepto-Bismol!! Pink. Sweet-smelling. Familiar. NOT CANDY!!
A quick call to poison control and we have an answer. Evidently Pepto-Bismol is a distinct relative of aspirin and because of this it is now not recommended for children under 12 because of potential risk for Rye Syndrome, but three tablets won't hurt him, they don't think.
What a day!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment