
I have!!! Well, not really, but it sure feels like it every time we try to get Kara to do her homework! I suppose any metaphor would do ... like pulling teeth or maybe something about gouging your own eyes out slowly because it would be more fun!
When Kara was four we often joked that she lived in Rainbow Land. We haven't heard from the residents of Rainbow Land in a while, but they have been replaced lately by the distraction of the moment. Presently it's a bleeding paper cut on the back side of her right elbow. Sometimes it's a shadow on the wall, sometimes it's an itch on her foot, back, neck, leg, ear, or whatever. As I'm typing this on one corner of the table, Thom is attempting to get Kara to read about 20 pages out of her reading book while she is complaining that she's bleeding from a paper cut! A PAPER CUT! We're thinking if it's not a puddle of blood on the floor, we don't care --- just read!!! Please!!! PLEASE just read!! No. Ok. Would a bandaid put you back on track? FINE! So, now she has a bandaid on a paper cut on her elbow and she's ALMOST done!
Did I mention we've been at this homework thing for nearly an hour already!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Admittedly this is only on reading nights that it feels as if the teacher hates us and wants us all to cry all night. Math nights!! Oh how I love math nights. She actually does her homework herself without anyone hovering over her and making her keep her eyes on the paper. Ah, math. We love math. The only thing better than math is art -- who doesn't love art. Ah, art.
Maybe someday they'll give homework in recess!
2 comments:
You are hilarious. And where on earth did you find that ridiculous cat! :) It's been a while, but I still follow the blogs (pointsend & in-fraction). I hope all of you are doing well!
Thanks for the comment... but I'm sorry to admit I don't recognize your login name .. who is this :-)
Post a Comment