Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Otherwise forgotten Sept. 5, '07

L. sent me this in an e-mail this morning. It was too precious a scene, so ordinary and fragile, and yet so sweet that I couldn't just consign it to the recycle bin.

"Caleb and I played under the kitchen table for a while. He is such a sweetie! It’s funny how we think alike sometime. We were sitting under the table. I was trying to think of what to do under the table. So we counted things for a while and then moved the chairs around. At one point, Caleb brought all of the chairs in close, and then he bent forward to give me a kiss--it was so sweet. Like it occurred to him that the space felt cuddly. Then he looked at me, and said “book,” and tried to get out and get one from a box he had seen me put them in yesterday, but I had since put them away."

No comments: