Mrs. Robinson -- that tune has been playing over and over again in our minds lately as Kara has begun the 2nd Grade. Every time we tell someone her teacher's name we get the same amused look of recognition or the pleasant sound of friend and family breaking into song! So, 2nd Grade is upon us! So far so good. Kara started school on Monday. She had her first 2nd Grade spelling test on Thursday - 25 words! School's in session!! Kara is quite happy about her teacher and seeing her friends. The shy and sometimes awkward or hyper Kindergartener and 1st Grader has been replaced by a happy and confident 2nd Grader! She still doesn't delight in doing homework, but she is happy about school in general and enjoying her friends and her teacher.
The Friday before school started Kara had another big event. She got her ears pierced! We were down at the mall and I asked, as I often have, if she'd like to get her ears pierced. Out of nowhere, she unexpectedly said "Yes. I'm ready today!" So, we hopped into Claires and a few minutes later Kara came out with two 3mm gold studs! She was so brave and they look so cute! I'll post a picture soon.
Meanwhile, the house is quieter -- well except for Caleb yelling "Bo-Box" which means "there's a problem" or "Daddy" which means "hey, I need a grown-up in here!" or "TT" which means "TV." His current favorite toys are a couple of Matchbox (or Hotwheels, depending on what you call them!) cars from Grandma and a little toy Monster that sings a Happy Birthday song from Grandmommie. He runs in circles and dances to the Happy Birthday tune about 100 times a day!
Friday, August 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment