So, it's been 10 days since Thom's last post, even I'm getting sick of looking and not seeing anything SO, here's a brief update on life in New England. We survived about 10 days of straight rain, truthfully, some of it might have been coming at an angle, but it all just kept coming and coming. Fortunately we only had standing water in the basement that first weekend, after that it was just the moldy stench of a soaking wet rug that kept reminding us of the deluge. Yesterday Kara, Caleb and I came home from a playdate and I thought - that's it - that's the last day I'm coming home to the smell of wet carpet - SO, after moving three tons of basement stuff the rug is no longer with us. We dragged it through the dark cobweb invested back hallway behind our basement that leads to the bulkhead door and out it went. A short trip in the truck and it is now disposed of completely.
Meanwhile in other news, Thom's parents were visiting this weekend. His Dad and Karen spent the rainy days of last week bicycling through Vermont with the rest of the hospital execs from East Alabama. We enjoyed a nice weekend visit with them which culminated in a delicious meal at Legal's Sunday evening.
Kara had a fun day today exploring a local farm with her class on a Pumpkin Patch fieldtrip.
Evidently there's a story in there somewhere about a firetruck coming to the farm, but all I've heard so far is "We were on the hayride and we saw fire and a firetruck, but we couldn't get to it." and "There was a firetruck and everything!" Still don't know what happened. If it weren't for the fact that Queen Elizabeth teaches 1st Grade at Kara's school and attended the same field trip I might never get the whole story! (well, I supposed I could actually ask Kara's teacher, now that I think of it!)
Tonight I have a Pampered Chef show - have to leave in an hour. First kitchen show I've done since February. I'm a bit nervous, but it should fall into place ok. Unforunately it's an hour away, so I just hope I break even with the price of gas these days!! (I should, but it seriously affects profit margins)
Friday should be interesting -- I'm volunteering to help out with lunch duty and recess duty at Kara's school. Should be an interesting day.
Hope everyone is well!
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like fun! How did the show go? (Were you on TV?) Thanks for the update, glad to know the Chittoms are well.
Post a Comment