Ok, so, I'm not actually a supersticious person, but if I were I would say I am ready for 2008 to be OVER. 2009 has got to be better than this!!
If I were to write a "let's be real, here" Christmas letter, it might sound something like this ... "The first three months of the year we worried about my grandmother's cancer while she went through chemo and got sicker and sicker. Ten the doctor gave her three months to live and we all sat by her bedside and watched her get weaker and weaker until she finally passed away in July. Shortly thereafter I learned I needed surgery and I got to worry about whether or not I had ovarian cancer for a couple of months. In early October, I had surgery and spent two weeks recovering. Then I learned that my daughter's principal's wife has been charged with statuatory rape and on the same day my mother had a cardiac catheterization and my mother-in-law learned she has a malignant melanoma. The following week I had, not one, but TWO fender benders. Yes, two, in one week! I haven't had a car accident since 1992 and then twice in the same week! The day of the second accident I began coming down with the kids' cold. Now we're all sick. Today I heard back from the doctor's office regarding my x-ray from the accident where I was rear-ended and I learned I have mild scoliosis. And tomorrow is the election... I'm ready for 2009!"
So, for all of you readers who are also on our Christmas card list, rest assured I'll spin it a little better than this by Christmas! I just have to!!
In the day to day... did I mention that today I actually LOST Caleb at Walmart? Not just for a moment, but for minutes! It was enough of a situation to actually warrant getting the whole place looking for him. We were in the toy department and when I thought he was going to the next aisle, he disappeared down through electronics and shoes and poof he was gone! He runs pretty fast, and up until now I've always caught up with him whenever he's done something like this. Today I had the panicked feeling of having no idea where my child was. Ultimately a clerk found him in the meat department. He had ran Forrest Gump style up and down the aisles of the food section. We we were reunited by the Walmart employees I fell to my knees and squeezed him hard before giving him the "you-scared-Mommy-half-to-death" speech.
I'm ready for an end of 2008 countdown! So, how's your year going?
Monday, November 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment