So, yesterday started out kind of slow. I wasn't feeling well so Thom took the morning off to help out a bit. He had an afternoon meeting to get to, so we put Caleb down for a nap a little before 1pm, giving me a nice slow afternoon with him resting, I'd have a chance to rest, too. The afternoon went very well. I did a little work on the essays I'm writing. I heard back from my editor who was very pleased with the writing I had submitted yesterday morning, and it was Wednesday, so Kara was heading to my parents house after school. I even managed to get a little nap in the late afternoon. Caleb was taking a nice nap and I began to hear him stir around 4pm. I was talking with my brother on the phone at the time, I told him I needed to get off the phone to go ahead and get Caleb up, and specifically because I didn't want him sitting in his diaper for too long. I have compassion on the little guy and try to keep him from being uncomfortable when possible. I got off the phone with John and decided I could squeeze in a quick call to Thom regarding the comments from my editor before having to go get Caleb. Just a quick call. Just another minute or two. Not a big deal. Man, was I ever wrong!!
I did call Thom and we just spoke for a moment or two. I got off the phone and happily, stupidly headed into Caleb's room. The door was barely open when the smell hit me. You can guess what smell! Remember how concerned I was about him SITTING in a messy diaper -- well, I would have been HAPPY to see him SITTING in it. But stepping on it, smearing it around the crib and eating it -- I was not so happy!! After recovering from the initial shock it was some very quick moves between scrubbing his hands and face with babywipes, stripping him naked, cleaning what I could of him and heading to the tub -- all the while saying over and over "WE DON'T EAT THE POOO!" "WE NEVER EAT THE POO!" "YUCKY POO" "Oh, Caleb, WE DON'T EAT THE POO." "blluchhh, POO" "WE DON'T EAT THE POO"
I scrubbed him within an inch of his life and I still couldn't get the smell off his hands. Eventually I cranked it up to grown-up soap and scrubbed his hands again. Then it was on to the teeth! Breath should never smell like that!!! On a happier note, he seemed to like having his teeth brushed -- good thing I had already picked up a tooth brush and baby toothpaste for the little guy!
So, for those of you who remember The Great Vaseline Disaster of 2001 --- and for those of you who need to do the math -- that was Kara! This far surpassed it, and will forever be remembered as the "We Don't Eat the Poo" Day!
If any one is curious -- no, I did not take pictures!
Thursday, September 28, 2006
"Those of you with or without children, you'll understand..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good to know what Rebecca and I have to look forward to. :)
Post a Comment