Friday, January 21, 2011

My Home Office

About a week ago, when my children were home for the third or fourth snow day in a row, I came to realize that my work-from-home writing career felt a little bit like I was sitting in the middle of the Meerkat Exhibit at the Nashville Zoo. I imagined myself hunkered down over my laptop on a tiny table in the middle of the picture below, sort of in that open space between the two trees.



What you may not be able to see from the photo is all of the little holes that the family of meerkats can pop out of at any moment. Since you can't see that, here's a photo to give you an idea.


What you don't know is that the above Meerkat is asking me for a drink of juice, a bit of lunch, a moment to look at something he created, an invitation to follow him into his hole and fix something on his video game or, worst of all -- he's just bored.

This morning my little "Meerkats" looked more like the photo below. Up until I rented a movie on On Demand that is.



The important thing is to remember, they started out looking like this...



Now, aren't they adorable...

No comments: