It may have been the design show we were watching, but L. and I finally decided to toss the love seat. Oh, it has been broken for weeks--the demise begun seven years ago by sagging beam resulting finally in a full-on break. "But where will we sit?" asked L (I was sitting on said seat at the time). On the floor, I said. And there is quite a bit of floor there, now. As a matter of fact, after our initial cleanup, Kara, L., and I did a ceremonial barrel-role across it. Caleb instantly discovered he could get up a higher head of steam when rushing in to shoot up onto the couch.
In case you missed it, we finally took the plunge into Flickr over the weekend. I've been thinking about using a web-based photo sharing site like Flickr for years, but this sidebar badge hooked me in.
Tonight was the final night for the Lenten book-study Father Chris and I have been coteaching at St. Francis. It was a packed house. The group that was with us the first night and subsequently dwindled decided to make a final show of it. Wright's book, Evil and the Justice of God (IVP, 2006) wasn't the easiest book to teach. It is very abstract, and there is a quality to Wright's prose that is sometimes too prosaic. He did uncover some interesting nuggets of truth, however, and especially in seeing the biblical answer to the problem of evil in the context of God's meta-intervention in the world itself.
We are seriously considering finding Kara some kind of art class for the Summer. Her artistic interests are beyond question. She has an eye for color and design, and is always coloring, cutting, glueing, or drawing things.
Monday, March 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment