So, if you've been checking here for the last week and dissapointed that it kept on being the "sound I heard last night" story of the 10th day -- here's something new for you.
Let's see... Caleb is getting his top teeth. He's looking very cute with nearly four teeth now and thinks he can eat anything... including dandelions and sticks from the yard. He is loving the toys he got for Christmas and enjoys playing with them every day. His current favorite is an activity table from his Aunt and Uncle. It's by LeapFrog and plays lots of music and does ABCs and 123s and he laughs and dances while standing and holding onto it. He's getting so big. He's about ready for his 9 month checkup and I'm guessing he's about 22lbs and 30 inches. We'll see how close I guessed in a couple of weeks.
As for Kara, she is trying her best to overcome some struggles at school and being very sweet around the house. At school they are reading and writing sentences and she's not quite up to speed with the rest of her class, likely because of the move this year, but she's catching up. In the last two weeks we have seen a lot of progress in her reading and writing and we just wish she would feel more confident in school. Believe it or not she's actually having trouble with shyness and being too introverted. Crazy sounding isn't it?! Thom and I are still reading up on sensory integration issues for her and trying to help understand her in every way. We are very happy that there are two families with kids that live in the next building over and there is a lovely grassy lawn between the two buildings. It's a great place to sit on a blanket with Caleb and watch the kids. It's just outside Caleb's window, too, so really I could even be out there with Kara while Caleb naps if I open is window a bit. The other two families are both new to Tennessee, too and one is a pastor's family, so it feels familiar after being at seminary for so long!
Let's see, what else -- it's been full make-over treatment for me lately -- Lynn-nore, not Thom. It started with a bit of outlet shopping while we were on vacation in Gatlinburg. I picked up some new summer clothes and church clothes. Then my mom encouraged me to lighten my hair. Evidently, after Caleb was born my hair did some funky things including thinning out and coming back in darker, so, after much persuading my mom convinced me to lighten it some., it turned out a little more reddish-brown than we expected - but it's fun. So, to add to the dye-job, my mom offered me a visit to her salon and I got a new cut! So, new clothes, new hair, and to finish it off mom took me out for a manicure and pedicure yesterday. So, I'm a new woman!
As for Thom, he is still loving his job in every way and looking dashing wearing a shirt and tie to work everday. Thanks to all of you who gave him shirts and ties for Christmas!
Well, Caleb is presently resisting naptime, and he and I are scheduled to have lunch with Thom and the pastor of the church we've been attending, so I'd better wrap this up. Hope you all are doing well. Keep in touch!
}
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Enjoyed the update. You (both, but esp. Thom) can expect me to return to the face of the Earth the middle of next week--exam-and-paper season will be officially over for me Tuesday! Be well!
So for 10 days we've waited for some sort or resolution to the "sound I heard" and we get "Caleb is getting his teeth... Kara ... Thom... blah blah blah" I will care about that as soon as you explain how the hound of the baskervilles got into the apt upstairs!
Post a Comment